A few of the forums and other blogs are reporting Problems with Update 2 HA….
Usual issues include:
“insufficient resources to satisfy HA failover level on cluster” and also “unable to contact a primary HA agent in cluster”
The following should help you out:
All hostnames need to be in lower case only.
In Virtualcenter check the following:
- On each host in the cluster, go to the configuration tab, DNS and routing, hostname, everything needs to be lowercase
On each one of your ESX hosts:
ssh into each host and check lower case names only
- /etc/hosts lowercase names only
- cat /proc/sys/kernel/hostname if not correct :
- after this you can check the settings are correct using
- make sure hostname in /etc/vmware/esx.conf is lowercase
/adv/Misc/HostName = <FQDN in lowercase>
Once these are checked enable HA on cluster again and cross your fingers.