I have been teasing people on twitter for a week or so now and have just uploaded my PowerPack to the PowerGUI site, you can download it here
As you can see from the screen shot on the left, this is a first attempt at providing most of my scripts in one PowerPack and adding to the already great management that VESI and PowerGUI give you.
So what do I need to do to install this ?
- Install PowerShell V1 or V2 (if you do not already have these installed) V2 Recommended
- Install PowerCLI
- Install VESI or PowerGUI (VESI Recommended for Virtualization management)
- If you have PowerGUI installed you will need to add the ‘VMware Infrastructure Management’ PowerPack which can be downloaded from here.
- Click the download button at the top of this post to download my latest PowerPack, and rate the PowerPack while you are there if you like !
- Import the PowerPack into VESI or PowerGUI
From then on you will see both the VMware set of icons and the Virtu-Al icons, you will need to connect to a VI server or number of hosts using the ‘Managed Hosts’ section of the VMware PowerPack, once connected all icons (nodes) become active in the Virtu-Al.net powerpack, simply click on one to see the results.
If you want anything added or find something that doesn’t quite work, firstly make sure you have the latest version of the PowerPack by following this post, if it still doesn’t work please let me know, I am aware of a few bugs and have yet to put any actions in there but please, use it and give me your feedback !
I hope you find this useful !